Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 10 - Cake and Presents

July 6th didn't end at Chuck E Cheese. We had to sing to the kid one more time. He loves it!
We DID use a piece of week-old leftover cake. But not because we don't love him enough! I just didn't want to buy another cake because then I would EAT THE ENTIRE THING.

Larkin was still really excited about his piece of cake and the candles that were actually lit this time.
I forgot to tell him to make a wish, but I think if he did it was something like "I wish they would sing Happy Birthday to Larkin every.single.day."

Then he was excited to lick the candles clean. And dip them back in. And lick them again.

The cutest part was that he did eventually take out the candles and eat all of the icing off of the cake. Then he stuck the candles in again. So he could fake blow them out. Again.
Then I took the candles away and he ate the whole piece.

Then time for his big present. We wrapped up some smaller things for him that he opened at the earlier party. Magnets, a new "Brown Bear" book, a Barney video (which we've now watched at least 67 times because I'm not supposed to be moving around as much so we turn on the TV. Ugh.), and some stickers and such. But the big present got "wrapped" in a blanket. He was still so excited he couldn't contain it.

And after he ripped off the "paper", the kitchen sent him into fits of joy. 7 - count them - 7 doors to open, a sink, a stove, and some kitchen utensils put him over the edge. Look at those little clenched fists! He kept saying "Oh. Larkin cook! Yaaaah!" and squealing like a baby pig. So cute.

Then he got down to business and made us dinner.
All this joy for $10.

Happy Birthday Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment