Thursday, July 29, 2010

Growth Spurt

We've reached a milestone, at least the way I look at it we have. Larkin has outgrown his first article of clothing: a little blue hat. He was really upset about it, as you can see below...



In the middle of the night, while I was stripping him of wet outfit #2, I realized he was also a little big for the newborn sized onesie. So Onesie #3 last night was a 0-3 month size and it looked OK.
Notice the paci this time, which makes for a quieter diaper (and clothing) change. He also had his first out-of-diaper blow out yesterday. That, along with the fact that I have to change his PJs several times a night, makes me think he might be outgrowing his newborn diapers! This better not be the case, because grandma just bought him a new box from Sam's and we haven't even opened it yet. So newborn stage seems to rapidly be coming to an end, and there is a silver lining here. No, he's not sleeping any longer stretches. The good part is that he really doesn't have any more clothes to wear until he fits into 0-3 months. THEN he'll be stocked up. I think our big event this weekend will require the new clothes, even if they are a little long.

In other news, we've resumed going back to church. We don't get to hear much of it, because Larkin doesn't sit stationary that long without yelling, but we go anyway. For me, getting out to be around people and activities I love has been a lifesaver. For Larkin, this is what he does during church:

Doesn't matter who's talking to him or what's going on, he sits and stares to the side. Usually with hiccups. Makes him look a bit like a snob, actually. But I prefer it to the crying, which is the other church-time activity. We'll keep going and hope that in time he'll learn proper church etiquette. And if it takes too long, I'll send him to the Phillips' pew for training. Those 8 kids know how to go to church!

Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

We've got a busy weekend coming up, so you better get some good sleep, Larkin!

1 comment:

  1. papa says thake the diapers back to sams for the next bigger size...mamaw will cover the upcharge!

    ReplyDelete