Can you believe it??
Watson is One Month old!
Which means we had the big Doctor check-up today. And it's time for...
The Watson Monthly Review - Issue 1
- You are 10 lbs 3 oz which puts you in the 41st percentile for weight; and 22.5 inches long, 83rd percentile for height.
- You wear size 1 diapers and 0 - 3 month clothes. Newborn sizes lasted about 3 weeks.
- You are the most content baby I have ever met!
Most of the time you are happy to be hanging out where ever we put you. Even at night, if you are awake, you are staring at me happily.
- There is very little crying, but there have been a few fussy days. These times don't seem to bother Larkin at all, though he does insist on making sure everyone around knows "Baby is crying" in case we forget or something. Larkin loves you so much and doesn't like to see you unhappy even for a second!
- Mostly we can stick the paci in and you are happy once again. The biggest issue is that it usually leads to...
- Sleep. Which you do A LOT. You've got a weird schedule where you will usually wake up in the mornings and be awake for 4 hours, then nap for 5 hours, then awake again until bedtime. During that 5 hour nap you can be described as comatose. The first 2 weeks after birth you were sleeping so much that you weren't gaining your weight back. I tried to tell the doctor it was because you weren't supposed to be 9 lbs to begin with, but they weren't buying it. So doctor's orders: wake Watson every 3 hours to eat. HA! I tried one night. After an hour of trying to get you to WAKE UP, let alone nurse, I gave up and didn't try it again. You haven't wasted away yet, so I think we're ok.
- Naps usually take place in the bassinet. And we have to prop you on your right side because you prefer the left and we are trying to avoid a flat headed, helmet-wearing child. Although that would be a way to keep strangers from petting your pretty hair...
- You are also a big fan of your swing. And you like to sit in there awake! You stare at the mobile and are content to just hang there.
- But the biggest thrill of your life, as far as I can tell, is the diaper change. I'm not kidding, you eat this up. Not a lot of smiles yet, but the ones that have come our way have all been while in the midst of getting naked.
- You are a tummy time champion! Look at those bulging neck muscles.
- For about 3 weeks you slept in your bassinet. For about 3 hours you slept in Mommy and Daddy's room, then the bassinet was moved to your own room because you slept a lot, but made a lot of noise while you were doing it. Mommy didn't sleep at all. Now you have moved to the big crib and it's going great! From the first night of life you slept at least 5 hours straight. This hasn't changed, thank goodness, except that it sometimes fluctuates between 5 and 7 hours. Woo hoo! You wake to eat sometime between 3 and 5am, then back down for a few more hours and get up around 7:00am. This is so great that we haven't even attempted the Miracle Blanket! There are nights when you wake up and don't want to go back to sleep right away. So I lay you down fully awake, and 75% of the time you just drift off all on your own. I'm probably jinxing myself right now, but I couldn't have dreamed of a better sleep situation for a newborn.
Watson, I can't believe it has been a month! You are such a blessing to us - one we prayed for daily. You fit right into our little family.
From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
John 1:16
He is the cutest baby ever (no offense, Larkin). But he DOES look like Larkin in that crying picture. Can't believe he's already holding his head up- already a genius! :)
ReplyDelete