Larkin had all kinds of things to do recently with lots of things to celebrate. He ate a lot of cake. Three times to celebrate Uncle Doogie and his Mommy's Birthdays.
He was obviously thrilled to be a part of these celebrations.

Next came Labor Day, and once is never enough to celebrate THAT fun time. He partied so hard he had to nap frequently, and Aunt Bethie helped with that.
.JPG)
Of course we also ate cake and sang Happy Birthday to Rita and Jof, in addition to Mommy and Uncle Doogie.
.JPG)
That's carmel icing, by the way.
Things quickly got wild and crazy at this Labor Day party. Capture the Flag got everyone hyped up, especially Larkin. Kind of. He stayed awake at least.
.JPG)
And we're already getting excited about Halloween!
.JPG)
Larkin so enjoyed his time at Papaw and La La's that he didn't want to leave to go downtown to see the WEBN fireworks. It's not often that I miss these fireworks. In fact, I can only think of two times that I wasn't watching them in person: I remember watching once on TV sometime before I could drive, and once a few years ago we were out of town for a wedding. So it was a big deal that we stayed home for Baby Larkin's sake. That's how much I love him.
.JPG)
Then it was on to Labor Day #2 at the Wanninger's house. Again, a break from tradition. We almost didn't have a Gillespie get-together. That was DEFINITELY the first time I can remember the Gillespie's almost not getting together on a day off from work. If they're off, they're together. So Pam stepped up and together we got.

It's a good thing we did, because Larkin had another important first. He saw a dog for the first time. We pass them on our daily walks sometimes, but he's way inside his stroller and I go to the other side of the street when we get to a house with a dog because I don't really like them. But when he spotted Kimber, he couldn't look away!
Don't fall in love with the dogs too much Larkin, because I highly doubt you'll have one anytime soon. Now a cat we can handle, but you weren't too thrilled with Sailor and she really disliked you. But who can blame her? You take all of Papaw's attention away from her! We'll see when you're older...
Haha- caramel icing.... : )
ReplyDeleteLarkie and his Daddy would LOVE to have a Stella. Don't take that gift away Tessa
ReplyDelete