Friday, August 6, 2010

One Month Old!

Happy One Month Old Day to Little Larkin!

Check it out - a REAL smile. We've had lots of "I'm falling asleep and I like it" smiles, but recently we've moved on to random "What in the world are you doing, Mommy?" smiles. Makes him look like a real person.

So here's the first edition of
The Larkin Monthly News

The doctor says everything looks good! You weigh 9 lbs 8oz, so you're in the 42nd percentile. You are also 22.5 inches and your head grew an inch (important, apparently).

You are getting better and better at checking out the world around you. You've recently gotten interested in the mobile on your bed and swing.

You love to be outside checking things out, and this can keep you awake for hours. Long after you should be taking a nap.

Sleep is coming quicker and - thank goodness -lasting longer. You will sometimes sleep for 6 hours straight at night. This is a HUGE improvement!

But really, your favorite position for sleep is still on someone's shoulder. It puts you in the zone.

But with all these changes, you have moved on from some things also. So here are the things we've had to say goodbye to in the last month:

Sleeping in your cradle next to Mommy and Daddy. The last night I put you in there I realized how much bigger you were than the night we brought you home. You look like a giant by this time. But when I put you in the middle of your big crib, you look like you could get lost.

Your "yeah yeah" cry. It made Daddy and I laugh every time you started to fuss because it sounded like you were saying "yeah".

My magical ability to pacify you just by lifting you onto my shoulder. It takes a little more work to quiet you when you are really upset.

Tiny little Newborn-sized Onesies and diapers. You've moved right along into 0-3 months and size 1 diapers. Much less leakage.

Your immediate resemblance to Uncle Doogie. Your look is definitely changing.

Don't change too fast. I can't handle saying goodbye to lots of things all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment