Saturday, August 8, 2015

Ghost Town

This guy turned 3.
And late one night, on one of those long dark rides home from Kings Island, way after bed time, he planned his Birthday Party.
Planning of Birthday parties seems to be the number one topic of conversation around here lately since the babies all have birthdays right in a row. And as the Dino Party talk died down, Watson started in on the Ghost Party planning. I so wish I could have filmed the discussion while I was driving, but common sense (and my bad driving record) convinced me to just listen and remember so that I could make this ghost party a spooky reality.

Also, we wanted to go camping.
 
 
So we combined the 2, and the spooky camp out was a hit!
 

One of the major parts of Watson's plan was to dress up like a ghost.
check and check.
 
There was also to be extensive spooky decorations.
I don't know if they were extensive exactly, but both Shara and I emptied our Halloween bins and added some creepy white masks from LaLa's collection. It seemed to do the trick.
 
There was also to be a ghost cake.
I'm not sure what he was envisioning, but I made a dirt cake and decorated it like a graveyard, and he seemed pleased.
 
 
Add in to all that a campfire and the first night of tent camping, and the 3 year old was in Ghost Party Heaven.

Then... presents!!

 
We survived our first (and only) night.
 
And I woke up like this:
 
Then it was Aunt Shara's Mickey Mouse pancakes to the rescue.


It's going to be hard to top this one next year.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment