Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Gillespie Christmas Eve

More Christmases!
 

Christmases Everywhere!
Whoever decided Americans should celebrate Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day was a genius. For once it means we don't have to rush from one place to the next all in one day. In fact, I would be perfectly happy if there were 4 Christmases all celebrated equally (as long as the mall is still open on all 4). So then, here is our Christmas Eve with the Gillespies.
 
There was food! Sorta. I brought... bologna. It was hit, but still. OK, it was really only a hit with me and Uncle Frank. But it was all gone!

There was caroling!
That is not a joke. We carol. We sit around and use these ancient packets of type-writer-typed Christmas carol lyrics. Done it for as long as I can remember. There was one or two years where Aunt Shara tried to convince us to bring back the Christmas Play they used to do as kids, but it never caught on quite like the caroling has.

This is Timberly's solo. 
I think Ella and Churck are embarrassed for her. Nollie is looking away and trying not to laugh.
Typical.
 
There were presents!

Despite this picture, Larkin wasn't exactly a gift that night. The Aunts get all the kids the same thing. This year the little guys got glow-in-the-dark balls. Larkin was less then thrilled. Check out this face:
Major pouting mode. He opened it and said something along the lines of "I don't want this stupid thing". That's not what he said, but that is a direct quote from Justin at the same age. Larkin's sentiments were similar, if not the words. So I took it and said "No problem, we'll give it to a little kid that isn't getting presents this year." And that was the end of the ball that night.
But it was a ball, so Watson was thrilled.
I guess 1 out 2 isn't terrible.
 
There were more presents, so he didn't need to pout for long.
 
Though he did open this one with a little more trepidation.


Is this worth me throwing another fit over?
 
This one was a score.

Then time to compare with all the friends.
 
And most of all, there was Family.
Specifically, a lot of Gillespies in a smallish area.
Christmas.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment