Happy Birthday to 1 year old Larkin!
Larkin Monthly Review - Issue 12
- You are about 29 inches, according to your new growth chart. I think you weigh about 18.5 lbs. You aren't growing in the clothes department though. You've still got a pair of 3 - 6 month pants that fit well. Diapers still size 3.
- You follow your Daddy around EVERYWHERE. You have to do what he does, when he does it.
He tolerates this pretty well.
- You like to read anything you can get your hands on. Mostly you like to turn the pages so my books are just as exciting as your picture books.
- You have a strange fascination with shoes. Eating them is a bad habit. You still say "Shhh" whenever you see some lying around.
- You went on your first boat trip this month and loved it. You were a bit wind blown at first, but it wasn't long before you were hoping around pulling on ropes, opening doors, and pushing buttons. I have nightmares about you hitting some random button and stranding us out in the middle of some body of water. Although Dad did that last summer himself and we all managed just fine, and we didn't even have a baby around to blame it on.
And we say goodbye to...
- Eating every little thing. OK, so 25% of things still go straight to your mouth. But that's a much smaller percentage than before, and I'm liking the change. Now, you like to throw things. Especially mulch and other landscaping paraphernalia.
- Fear of grass. For a while there I could set you on a blanket and you'd sit there happily for 2 hours. Now you get up and run.
It's officially been a year, so let's take a trip down Memory Lane...
It's so hard to believe that a year has flown by. On July 6, 2010, at 8:03 pm, Larkin Lawrence was born. We prayed so hard for a happy healthy baby, and this year has proved what a great God we have. We've been blessed with prayers answered above and beyond anything we could have imagined.
A little compare and contrast...
July 5, 2010:
July 5, 2011:
Yes, I was boating the day before I went into labor. And yes, I had on the same shorts both times.
Waking up on July 6, 2010:
Waking up on July 6, 2011:
Bath time, July 2010:
Bath time, July 2011:
Still in the little white tub. I'm being green and conserving water.
Sleeping, July 2010:
Sleeping, July 2011:
Same scrawny arms.
Hanging out with Aunt Shara, July 2010:
With Aunt Shara, July 2011:
Hanging with the Kitty, July 2011:
You like her much more now. She still is not fond of you.
Happy Birthday to my wonderful baby little boy!
This one brought tears. I can't believe how fast this year has gone.
ReplyDelete