The kid ain't stupid.
He knows being in his bed means it's time to sleep. So this is what happens when he isn't tired and I put him in his bed. Yikes.
Daddy had to calm him down
And we had to move out of the bed to get this month's picture.
Larkin is 8 Months Old!
Larkin Monthly Review - Issue 8
- You weight 16.6 lbs. Approximately. Still tiny. You continue to rock along in your 3 - 6 month clothes, with some 9 month sprinkled in. Nollie makes fun of your old man knit pants, but they are all that stays up, plus one pair of girl jeans (no frills, promise). Size 2 diapers.
- You are sleeping about as well as I could hope for: 8 pm to about 6:30 am solid. Sometimes a little longer. Napping is all over the map, though; mostly 30 minutes, then one day it'll be 2 and a half hours. I am fanatical about making you stay in that crib, unless we're out and about.
No idea why this pic is upside down.
- You eat like a champ, but it ends up everywhere. You have this thing where you have to put your hands in your mouth as soon as the food goes in. So we end up with food all over your face and into your hair. And it sticks up like a rooster.
- You cycle through some of your favorite "toys". I use air quotes because the things you get fixated on are very rarely baby toys. Like this leprechaun. I'm going through old boxes I saved from high school and this was in one of them. No idea what it was from, so it went into the trash pile. And you rescued him and have been attached for about 3 weeks now.
- Another favorite game is playing on a jungle gym. In our case, it's the table and chair legs. You love to go over and under the supports. When you started pushing the chairs around the room, we decided it was time to break out the...
- Push toy! You are zooming all over the place. The wheels move a little quick for your short legs, so you usually end up pushing it sideways. In this pic you were into carrying around diapers. CLEAN diapers.
- Another thing that you drag everywhere: Mardi Gras beads. It's Mardi Gras bead Thursday! Another left over from high school boxes...
- Your newest talent is waving goodbye. Sometimes you need a little reminder, but you are usually pretty good at mimicking when someone waves at you.
And we say goodbye to...
Waking up anytime during the night - woo hoo! I know 5 am (your usual wake up time last month) wasn't really the middle of the night, but it was too early for me.
- Carrying that dreaded seat everywhere. It has been easier to carry it inside to get out out of the cold to pack you up, but I'm done with that. As long as you don't fall asleep in the car (and that's most of the time), we take you out of the seat. You are not a fan of being held down to get strapped in, but once you're in, you are perfectly happy.
- Unfortunately, we might be saying goodbye to our monthly crib pictures. I'd rather get a picture of my happy baby somewhere else than a screaming guy in the same place.


No comments:
Post a Comment