It's a wonder we get anything done in this house, when this is what we compete with:
He is such a little monkey! It takes about 15 seconds of having my back turned before he is off and into something else. A recent favorite toy: the toilet brush.
LUCKILY, it was brand new and still wrapped in plastic. Thanks, Ikea, for providing hours of enjoyment for 99 cents!
And maybe one day it will fulfill its purpose as a toilet bowl cleaner. Until then, I'll have Nollie come over and clean them with her hands :)
Other recent play times include going through the wrapping station like a baby tornado,
Doing pull ups on the window sills,
And cleaning off the two lowest shelves of the bookcase. This is what he is doing as I am currently writing this. This is what he does every time we come into the office. I put them up, he takes them off. He's just getting warmed up in this picture.
A few minutes ago he was nicely playing on the floor with his toys. Then he found this thing (what is it??) but he was quiet so I let him keep playing.
And then 30 seconds go by and I look over to him and this is what I see:
A marker mustache! Thank goodness it's dry erase. But how much did he eat in those 30 seconds?
Every room has a built in playground as soon as he finds the register. One day I caught him with his little legs dangling over the side.
This is what his head usually looks like by the end of the day. 2 goose eggs!
So am I a bad mom? Am I supposed to be looking at him 14 hours a day (minus 2 30 minute naps)? Because when I blink, he's rolling across the floor after falling off of something. Currently, the filing cabinet. And in 3 minutes it'll be something else. Larkin, you're wearing me out buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment