Thursday, February 10, 2011

7 Up

Larkin is 7 months old!
What's going on in Larkin World?

Larkin Monthly Review - Issue 7

- According to our scale, you weigh 17 lbs. I have no idea how long you are because you don't sit still long enough to measure. You hardly sit still long enough to change your diaper. In fact, sometimes that is a 10 minute fight and I end up sitting on you to get it done. Ugh.
- Clothes are still a pain, but you are finally in 6 month pants (just not 6 - 9 month). Everything else you are pretty much on track. 6 - 9 month. Size 2 diapers. Still.

-But you're eating enough for a fat baby!
 
Usually a lot less food ends up on your face.  You've mastered the art of getting it ALL in your mouth.

-We had some un-fun bath times last month, but now you love it.  You kick back and relax in your little tub and splash us till we're all soaked.
 -You can FINALLY sit up steadily.  Is it weird that a child crawls before he sits?  You are always so busy, I'm sure you've had the ability to sit for awhile now, but you just never held still long enough to do it well.  Now when you get something you really want (and shouldn't have) you'll sit and play for about 30 seconds before taking off again.
 -Your main means of transportation is crawling on all fours.
It gets you to your favorite places.
-Your current favorite place is the entertainment center.  ANY entertainment center.  You recently found the Playstation controller before I could get to you.  When I took you away from it, you threw the cutest baby fit.  I'm guessing the cuteness will wear off real soon.
-You communicate by screaming right now.  Which is what you were doing in the above picture.  It sounds like someone torturing you, but really it's your way of saying "I'm super pumped!"
And we say goodbye to...
-Scooting on your belly.  Too bad, because that was a great way to clean the hard floors.
-Stationary play.  You will last in your exersaucer for about 10 minutes a day.  Usually you end up here:

Larkin you are so active!  I'm counting down the days until warm weather.  I think things will go easier when we can venture outside.  Right now we get cabin fever pretty quick so we're on the go a lot.  You are so easy going and flexible.  I'm blessed to have a baby who will willingly have fun with anyone who wants you.  You just get passed around and loved by everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment