Saturday, December 24, 2016

2 Months of Baby Pip



Pippa is 2 Months Old!




 Pippa Monthly Review - Issue 2

  • Pippa weighs 11 lbs 7 oz this month, putting her in the 60th percentile. She is about 23 inches long so still hanging out in the 78th percentile. 
  • Pippa moved out of the newborn diapers and clothes finally! Size 1 diapers (though they continue to be a bit big), and size 0-3 month clothing. Also big.

  • Sleeping. Eh. The velcro swaddle isn't cutting it any longer. There were stretches of 8 hours when she was about 6 weeks old. Glorious 8 hours. But where did the naps go? Anyone seen a Pippa nap? Because they are NOT HERE. And let me tell you, after 3 straight days of no napping I was about to lose my mind. So we fight this weird battle of day sleep vs. night sleep but never both.
I'm going to be up all night.

  • A part of this problem has been the dreaded never ending cold. At about 2 weeks old she started getting phlegm-y. I knew what she was going through because I gave it to her. There were nights I literally sat up all night long in the rocking chair next to her bed to startle her awake when she stopped breathing because her airway was clogged. This month I put the monitor in the bed with her so I could lay in my bed and listen to her breath all night long. There were some difficult nights. But as of now she is finally about back to normal and we can put the mattress back in its normal position and pack up the humidifier for a bit.


  • The smiles are finally coming fast and furious at us. As long as we continue to do her bidding.
  • Her bidding happens to be that she is held and walked about 95% of her awake hours. My legs are sore at the end of the day like for real.

  • But we are all wrapped around her little finger, especially when she starts to coo. Oh the cooing! It is the highlight of Larkin's year when she looks at him and a tiny little "Oh" comes out. 


  • We're also venturing out a little more often as we get the swing of this 4 kid thing down. Pippa went to the zoo!

  • She has started to show a little interest in her cousin Lukie's Sit-me-up. Also known as Ol Frog Eyes.

Someone else got stuck in the Frog Eyes.

But that's a story for another day.

Pippa, you're a lot of work. But also a lot of joy.

You fit right in!


No comments:

Post a Comment