Happy Halloween!
It is snowing. Always. So I thought I'd go back to a time when we were still excited about the prospect of cool weather.
Fall.
And Shaw Farm!
This is where we usually pick out a pumpkin.
And do other fun things.
Once we brought home the perfect one, we got to work making him scary.
Everyone helped!
But mostly Watson ate pieces of the shell that I had cut out for the face.
I thought he did turn out a bit scary, and the boys were thrilled.
Larkin even gave us his "scary pumpkin face"
Then it was time to get dressed up!
I showed Larkin a bazillion costumes on the internet. He picked a skeleton right away. I did the same thing for a week, and it was the same skeleton every time. So I ordered it off of Amazon and when it came in the box...
scared.to.death.
Thank goodness we had a few weeks until he needed to wear it. I had to hang it in our family room to desensitize him, and it mostly worked.
When Kidfest rolled around, he threw a mini-fit and then let us shove him in it.
Watson was in heaven when he got a sucker at the first stop. Then he took another. And another.
At one point we got him to give up the sucker so he could eat hot dogs and popcorn. Much healthier.
| Scary skeleton face. Yikes. |
They had a good time doing all the Kidfest activities with friends.
Finally... Halloween! on November 1st.
Trick-or-Treating got rained out the night before, but it worked out to be a perfect night for it the next day.
We left these guys behind.
And headed out to do some serious damage (to their teeth).
Once again, Watson had a sucker keeping him company from start to finish.
They had a great time!
And they're just baby teeth...
No comments:
Post a Comment