Thursday, October 3, 2013

Home away from Home

Every once in a while, Larkin says he wants to go back to Papaw and LaLa's "other house". Where we left Jack.
 

They don't own another house, but we did spend a week at this place during the summer and apparently, it stuck with him.
Maybe because Jack-the-digger Thomas train fell off the balcony into the weeds and we never got him out. Poor kid misses his Jack.
 
We did manage to bring home all these diggers.
 
We spent a lot of quality time with these people.
 
Mostly in this place:
 
Turns out I have no boat pics (must be on Dad's camera), so for now you'll have to look at the fun we had in our giant abode.
 
There was a lot of eating with these two doing the manly cooking.
 
And these two doing everything else.
 
I washed the dishes.
 
 Ha! Yeah right. I'd rather wash a baby butt than other people's dishes.

And wouldn't you know, I couldn't even do THAT all by myself.


It takes a village, people.
 
There was some quality Aunt and Uncle time...

 
Except when Uncle Wes had water in his ear - then we steered clear.
We all know what happens when someone gets water in their ear...
 
 
There was also quality family time.
 
And more eating.
 
Plus a lizard, who probably ate better than all the rest of us combined.
Larkin wanted everyone to eat well, including the reptiles. (amphibians? No, lizards don't live in water so I'm guessing reptile.)
 
Whatever.
 
OK, turns out it depends on what species this guy was.
or
 
Is anyone still reading? Because I'm learning here. Who knew that lizards are reptiles but newts are amphibians? No wonder I was questioning myself. They didn't go over this in depth at the zoo. Of course I know from listening to freshmen lectures about siting sources that Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source so I guess we're back to square one. No idea what a lizard/newt is.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment